Pulse Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy
Magnetic field therapy is a non-invasive treatment that may act as a form of pain relief in chronic degenerative conditions and speed recovery time from acute traumatic injuries. The use of magnets for medical treatment dates back as far as 2000BC in China. With pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy, defined pulses of electromagnetic energy are delivered to the affected area in a series of treatments.
PEMF has been used in the treatment of back and leg injuries in horses for several decades. With advancements in technology and PEMF equipment, the use of magnetic therapy has been applied to canines ailed by sprains, ligament injuries, and fractures.
The body’s natural magnetic field is created by the flow of electrically charges ions in and out of cell and the transmission of electric impulses through cell membranes. Only PEMF (not static magnets) can influence electrical changes on a cellular level. PEMF delivers a short duration, high intensity magnetic pulse which allows penetration through the joints and muscles in 20 minutes or less.
- Bone healing
- Range of motion
Our veterinarians at Renewed Animal Wellness will be able to assist you in evaluating the suitability of the use of magnetic therapy for your companion.
Reducing inflammation is a critical first step in healing. To bring our clients the newest and best advancements in pet health, we offer the Assisi Loop® 2.0, an innovative device that greatly reduces inflammation without the use of drugs or invasive technology.
The Assisi Loop 2.0 uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce inflammation and pain, and to enhance recovery. The Loop is a targeted Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (tPEMF®) device that is portable and easy to use, and can be used at the clinic or in the home/stable to supplement in-office treatments. Use of the Assisi Loop 2.0 will not interfere with existing standard treatment procedures or pain management programs. It is effective in combination with laser therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic treatments, and pain and inflammation medications.
In addition to treating inﬂammation and pain, the Assisi Loop 2.0 is also eﬀective for a number of other issues, including:
- Orthopedic Injuries: Strains or sprains, torn cruciate, blown discs, fractures, muscle strains and broken bones.
- Degenerative Disorders: Osteoarthritis, dysplasia, degenerative myelopathy, degenerative joint disease and spinal instability.
- Neurological Issues: IVDD, Wobblers Disease, neuropathy, myelitis and lumbar stenosis.
- Wound Care: Infected wounds, chronic non-healing wounds and lick granulomas.
- Other Inﬂammatory Issues: Pancreatitis, cystitis, tracheal bronchitis and laminitis.
- Post-Surgical Pain and Swelling: Following amputations, tooth extractions, tumor removal and ACL repair.
Contact us for information about the Assisi Loop 2.0 and whether or not it would help your pet. Visit assisianimalhealth.com to learn more.